Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans (CUUPs)
Please join the Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans of First Unitarian Church or CUUPs, as we celebrate the turning of the Wheel of the Year with our Sabbat Celebrations.
Sabbat Circles are open to the public and anyone with a positive path is welcome. Our Celebrations are held at the First Unitarian Church of Louisville.
- Imbolc - February 2015
- Ostara - March 2015
- Beltane- April 27, 2014
- Midsummer - Midsummer will be on Wednesday June 4th (please note day change) because many of us will be attending Pagan Spirit Gathering in Northern Illinois the week of Midsummer.
- Lammas / Lughnasadh - August 6th, 2014 Please note day change to Wednesday evening and time will be at the regular meeting time of 7PM. This ritual will kick off our return to first and third Wednesday classes here at the church. There will be no potluck on this date.
- Autumn Equinox - September 14, 2014
- Samhain - October 26, 2014
- Yule / Winter Solstice - December 14, 2014
Our Sabbat Circles are held on Sunday night. Doors open at 5:30 PM and Circle starts at 6PM. A potluck dinner follows around 7 PM so please bring something to share with others and stay to enjoy conversation with those of a like mind.
Classes CUUPs will be closing this semesters class series on June 4th with a public Midsummer Ritual. CUUPS will resume classes on August 6th with a public Lammas Ritual.
In addition to community and fellowship, we offer classes. Our classes are a blend of lecture and discussion with seekers, those new to the path, and experienced practitioners in attendance. We host a variety of topics that have included Four Cornerstones of Magick, Sabbat Lore/Traditions, Beginning Meditation, Divination, Herbal Magick and many other topics.
We are currently using a Pagan curriculum that has topics including Personal Altars, God/Goddesses, Divination, Candle Magick and many other topics.
Classes are on the first and third Wednesday of each Month. Each week we discuss topics that are independent of each other so drop in when you are able to join us. CUUPs will not meet on the third week of June or in July.
Classes meet from 7:00pm until about 8:30pm
CUUPs is a free and open community of people who practice earth-based spiritualities.
There is no charge to attend Circles or classes.
For more information, please email us at cuups [at] firstulou [dot] org