Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans (CUUPs)
Please join the Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans of First Unitarian Church or CUUPs, as we celebrate the turning of the Wheel of the Year with our Sabbat Celebrations.
Sabbat Circles are open to the public and anyone with a positive path is welcome. Our Celebrations are held at the First Unitarian Universalist Church of Louisville.
- Imbolc - January 31, 2016
- Ostara - March 22, 2015
- Beltane- April 26, 2015
- Midsummer - Midsummer will be in June 3rd 2015 - Note time and date change to Wednesday night on our regular scheduled first Wednesday evening at 7PM. There will be no potluck on this date.
- Lammas / Lughnasadh - Lammas will be on August 5th as we return from a month off. This will be on our regular scheduled first Wednesday evening class time of 7PM. There will be no potluck on this date.
- Autumn Equinox - Mabon September 20, 2015 This circle is the return to Sunday evening with a potluck meal after the service.
- Samhain - October 25, 2015
- Yule / Winter Solstice - December 20, 2015 - Join us as we enjoy a musical Yule celebration performance.
Our Sabbat Circles are held on Sunday night. Doors open at 5:30 PM and Circle starts at 6PM. A potluck dinner follows around 7 PM so please bring something to share with others and stay to enjoy conversation with those of a like mind.
In addition to community and fellowship, we offer classes. Our classes are a blend of lecture and discussion with seekers, those new to the path, and experienced practitioners in attendance. We host a variety of topics that have included Four Cornerstones of Magick, Sabbat Lore/Traditions, Beginning Meditation, Divination, Herbal Magick and many other topics.
We are currently using a Pagan curriculum that has topics including Personal Altars, God/Goddesses, Divination, Candle Magick and many other topics.
Classes are on the first and third Wednesday of each Month. Each week we discuss topics that are independent of each other so drop in when you are able to join us.
Classes meet from 7:00pm until about 8:30pm
CUUPs is a free and open community of people who practice earth-based spiritualities.
There is no charge to attend Circles or classes.
For more information, please email us at cuups [at] firstulou.org
*Poor Weather closings for our classes will follow the Jefferson County Public School closing decisions. If the public schools are closed we will not have classes for the CUUPs Group.