Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans (CUUPs)
Please join the Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans of First Unitarian Church or CUUPs, as we celebrate the Turning of the Wheel of the Year with our Sabbat Celebrations and explore earth centered spiritualities in our twice monthly classes.
Sabbat Circles are open to the public and anyone with a positive path is welcome. Our Celebrations are held at the First Unitarian Universalist Church of Louisville.
- Imbolc - January 31, 2016
- Ostara - March 20, 2016
- Beltane- May 8, 2016
- Midsummer - Midsummer discussion class on Wednesday June 1,2016 There will be no potluck for this Celebration.
- Lammas / Lughnasadh - Wednesday, August 3, 2016 This ritual celebration will kick off our Fall Wednesday evening classes. Time: 7PM - There will be no potluck for the celebration.
- Autumn Equinox - Mabon September 2016 We will return to our Sunday Celebrations with a pitch-in meal in the social hall after the ritual. Bring a culinary dish to share.
- Samhain - October 2016
- Yule / Winter Solstice - December 2016
Our Sabbat Circles are held on Sunday night (unless otherwise noted.) Doors open at 5:30 PM and Circle starts at 6PM. A potluck dinner follows around 7 PM so please bring something to share with others and stay to enjoy conversation with those of a like mind.
In addition to community and fellowship, we offer classes. Our classes are a blend of lecture and discussion with seekers, those new to the path, and experienced practitioners in attendance. We host a variety of topics that have included Four Cornerstones of Magick, Sabbat Lore/Traditions, Beginning Meditation, Divination, Herbal Magick and many other topics.
We are currently using a Pagan curriculum with subjects that have included - Personal Altars, God/Goddesses, Tarot Divination, Candle Magick and many others.
Classes are on the first and third Wednesday of each Month. Each week we discuss topics that are independent of each other so drop in when you are able to join us.
Classes meet from 7:00pm until about 8:30pm
CUUPs is a free and open community of people who practice earth-based spiritualities.
There is no charge to attend Circles or classes.
For more information, please email us at cuups [at] firstulou.org
*Poor Weather closings for our classes will follow the Jefferson County Public School closing decisions. If the public schools are closed we will not have classes for the CUUPs Group.